Dr. Ashok Sethi, Peter Sochor MDT
The aim of this presentation is to address the significance of teamwork between the clinician and the dental technician to ensure a seamless and efficient workflow. This is fundamental to the treatment outcome as well as the proper management of patients in terms of patient satisfaction and efficiency.
This joint presentation will focus on key points at which information must be transferred between the patient, the clinician and technician.
The following topics will be covered:
- Impressions at 1st stage surgery.
- Digital workflow – The creation/generation of the diagnostic preview (wax-up) to direct treatment
- This will address the use of three-dimensional CBCT data for planning conjunction with the diagnostic preview.
- The use of this data in a stepwise manner and the fabrication of the definitive restoration.
- CAD/CAM technology for the fabrication of frameworks – additive and milling (subtractive) will be addressed.
- The advantages and disadvantages of screw and cement attention will be presented.
- The concept of conical retention which eliminates screw and cement retention will be introduced.
- The Quattro bridge – utilizing conical attention as low-cost restorations for the edentulous arch will also be covered specifically.